- Literary types/genres: academic, ballad, comedy, drama, eulogy and elegy, free verse and stream of consciousness, mythology, narrative, novel, poetry, short story and novella, and tragedy
- Plot techniques: allegory and parable, allusion and foreshadowing, catharsis, denouement, deus ex machina, hubris, nemesis and antagonist, paradox, and soliloquy
- Word techniques: imagery, irony and sarcasm, hyperbole, metaphor, meter, metonymy, oxymoron, personification, and simile
- Word sounds: alliteration and assonance, euphony, and onomatopoeia
- The picture of the comedy and tragedy theater masks is from https://openclipart.org/detail/282008/comedy-and-tragedy-masks, and is in the public domain / CC0.
- General credits: StudyAmericanEnglish.com/credits.html